Terms Of Service
Welcome to 500Quotes.com, one of the most fun and supremely educational sites on the web, created by 500quotesMedia, Inc., a corporation doing business in the Emerald State. We thought we would take a break from the skiing in the rain, to write these Terms of Service, which apply to this website, our corresponding mobile website, our 500Quote(R) mobile app and any other online features that link to these Terms (collectively, the “Site”). This document constitutes a legally-binding agreement (“Agreement”) governing the terms of providing you with our service. We reserve the right to provide you with operating rules or additional terms that may govern your use of the Site generally, unique parts of the Site, or both (“Additional Terms”). Any Additional Terms that we publish or otherwise provide to you are hereby incorporated by reference into these Terms. To the extent any Additional Terms conflict with these Terms, the Additional Terms will control.
Registration and Account Security
You are not required to register to use the Site, but may not be able to access some content or use certain services or features without registration, including the Subscription Service. To register as a user, you must provide a valid email address and select a unique username and password to be used in conjunction with your account (“Account”). If you become a registered user, you agree that you will provide true, accurate and complete registration information and, if such information changes, you will promptly update the relevant registration information. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and are fully responsible for all uses of your password and Account, whether by you or others. You agree to (a) keep your password confidential and not share it with anyone else, and (b) immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or Account or any other breach of security. We are not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these obligations.
By disclosing or offering any information to us, including quotes, ideas, suggestions or other information (each, a “Submission”), either through your use of the Site or otherwise, you authorize BrainyQuote to make such copies thereof as we deem necessary, including to facilitate the posting and storage of the Submission on the Site. By making a Submission, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to BrainyQuote an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, adapt, publish, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part) and distribute such Submission for any purpose, commercial, advertising, or otherwise, on or in connection with the Site or the promotion thereof, to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Submission, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing. You also grant us the right, but not the obligation to use your biographical information including, without limitation, your name, user name and general geographical location in connection with broadcast, print, online, or other use or publication of your Submission. You waive any and all claims you may now or later have in any jurisdiction to so-called “moral rights” or rights of “droit moral” with respect to the Submission.
By making a Submission, you represent and agree that all information that you provide to us in connection with your access to and use of the Site is true, accurate, and complete to the best of your knowledge and belief. You also agree that you will not post or transmit any material that violates Section 5 above or:
- violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, including, but not limited to, any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, or other intellectual property or proprietary right of any person or entity;
- impersonates another or is unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane, pornographic, or otherwise objectionable;
- includes personal information of others such as messages which identify phone numbers, social security numbers, account numbers, addresses, or employer references;
- contains a formula, instruction, or advice that could cause harm or injury; or
- results in the transmission of junk e-mail, chain letters, duplicative or unsolicited messages, or so-called “spamming” and “phishing.”
License to Access and Use
You may access and use our Site only for your personal use. Any other access to or use of the Site or its content constitutes a violation of this Agreement and may violate applicable copyright, trademark, or other laws.
You may not access, use, or copy any portion of the Site or its content through the use of bots, spiders, scrapers, web crawlers, indexing agents, or other automated devices or mechanisms. You agree not to remove or modify any copyright notice or trademark legend, author attribution, or other notice placed on or contained within any of the Site’s content. Except as expressly authorized by us in writing, in no event will you reproduce, redistribute, duplicate, copy, modify, distribute, transmit, create derivative works based upon, publicly display, publish, sell, resell, or exploit for any commercial purpose any portion of the Site or its Content or any access to or use of the Site or its Content.
Furthermore, you may not:
- circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site including, without limitation, any features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on the use of the Site;
- transmit, distribute or upload programs or material that contain malicious code, such as viruses, timebombs, cancelbots, worms, trojan horses, spyware, or other potentially harmful programs or other material or information;
- collect or harvest any personally identifiable information from the Site including, without limitation, user names, passwords, or email addresses;
- attempt to or interfere with the proper working of the Site, or impair, overburden, or disable the same;
- decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble any portion of the Site;
- use network-monitoring software to determine architecture of or extract usage data from the Site;
- encourage conduct that violates any local, state or federal law, either civil or criminal, or impersonate another user, person, or entity;
- affect us adversely or reflect negatively on us, the Site, our goodwill, name or reputation or cause duress, distress or discomfort to us or anyone else, or discourage any person, firm or enterprise from using all or any portion, features or functions of the Site, or from advertising, linking or becoming a supplier to us in connection with the Site;
- engage in any conduct that restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the Website, App or Services.
Violation of any of these Terms may result in termination of your Account and access to the Site at any time without notice. We reserve the right to determine, in our sole discretion, what further action may be taken in the event of any discovered or reported violation of these Terms.